Whatever It Is


I have been in limbo on this blog.  Half of me wants to share my practice, and the day to day evolution of my classroom.  The other half wants to hash things out, vent my frustrations with complex issues in early childhood, and change the world.  That's me in a nutshell.  Slightly consumed with a seemingly simple situation, perplexed with the gravity of a solid direction, and riddled with indecision.  Ha!  So today I just write.


 Just drop the perfection and write.  


I got my Masters Degree in the mail yesterday.  First class mail.  I opened it, excited, receiving my gold star set in stone.  I read the title, and was taken back by what I saw. Master of Science.  That's all. Nowhere on the pretty little paper did it say Early Childhood.  I checked the back just in case.  Not there either.  Hmmmm.  Whatever.  Moving on. Wait.  Why, yet again, doesn't early childhood get the respect it deserves?  What grandpa made the decision to just leave that little bit of information off my degree?  We might have to come back to this later... 


The classroom is just buzzing this week!  We had a super sweet donation of a hairstylist cape for "cutting" hair.  I threw in some soft rollers, empty spray bottles, plastic gloves, blow dryer with the chord cut off, and play dough scissors, and now we have ourselves a stylin' salon.  Yayy!  I don't know why it was quite so exciting...for me especially.  What a great platform for cooperative play!  I love fresh ideas, and I love, love, love the potential for play in preschool.  The BEST part was when one boy gave the other two kids in the chairs magazines to read while they were getting their hair cut.  So great! 






Comments